Introducing FTP 90 at the David D. Hunting YMCA – Grand Rapids, MI!
FTP 90 is an 8-week Endurance Cycling experience that will kick-start your 2019 training and overall fitness…low-impact and BIG results!
FTP is for Functional Threshold Power*…and 90 for the 90-minute ride and endurance training format.
Classes are focused on endurance riding and make full use of the ICG Training tools: leader boards, battle rounds, individual / group performance metrics, and more scenery. FTP 90 is great for all fitness-minded participants, including outdoor riders looking improve their power and endurance during winter months!
DEMO CLASSES offered the week of January 21st. Only three classes offered on a first come, first served basis…no advanced registration and no fees to check it out:
- 1/22 – Tuesday night 7:00 – 8:30pm with Steve C.
- 1/26 – Saturday morning 7:00 – 8:30am with Mark L.
- 1/27 – Sunday 11:00am – 12:30pm with Jeff B.
The 8-week FTP 90 class series starts the week of January 28th and runs through March 24th. After the DEMO classes, you need to pre-register and pay a nominal participant fee to ride. FTP 90 is available to GRYMCA members and non-member guests.
Class times and fees:
- Tuesday nights 7:00 – 8:30pm with Steve C.
- Saturday mornings 7:00 – 8:30am with Mark L.
- Sundays 11:00am – 12:30pm with Jeff B.
- $10 / individual class
- $70 / 8-week training series (get 8 rides for the price of 7!)
- Non-member guests pay $20 / class or $130 for 8-weeks
Registration required after DEMO classes, REGISTER HERE AT GRYMCA.ORG…just filter / select DAVID D. HUNTING YMCA and EVERYDAY for a complete list of class options look for CYCLING FTP 90 – INDIVIDUAL or FULL SESSION.
Members can also register in person at the DDHY Membership Desk, or by calling 616-855-9622.
* – FTP is a personal training and racing benchmark that’s based on data from a power meter. It’s used in cycling…to measure your current best effort so you can precisely target your training, and it can strategically be used in racing to put in the most competitive effort possible. (from SportTracks)
2 thoughts on “FTP 90: Endurance Cycling….at GRYMCA”