The streets of my hometown, Grand Rapids, MI, were filled with over 1,500 cyclists during this inaugural event last Saturday, June 29th!
I didn’t ride this year, but I did volunteer a few hours of my morning to help with crowd and traffic control.
In addition to my latest playlist inspired by this grand cycling event, I’ve included some pics, videos and links for your viewing pleasure!
Michigan State University and several other organizations in western Michigan were underwriters for the event, but the big winners will be those benefiting from additional funding raised for melanoma cancer research.
I’m making plans for riding the Gran Fondo ’14. Have you ever participated in a Gran Fondo?
Summer 2013 SPIN #15 (48 min)
01. 3:30 WARM UP / Bike Ride – Nora Jane Struthers
02. 2:58 SEATED & STANDING FLAT / Road To Euphoria – Marcus Maison
03. 3:44 JUMPS / Miles Away – Madonna
04. 3:40 SEATED FLAT w/ LEG DRILLS / Ride – Tiesto
05. 4:03 SPRINTS (4X 15,20,25,15s) / Push It – Garbage
06. 4:51 JUMPS / Ride Wit Me – Nelly
07. 2:39 SEATED & STANDING HILL / Up Around The Bend – Creedence Clearwater Revival
08. 4:52 SEATED HILL – RUNNING w/ RESISTENCE – STANDING HILL / Below My Feet – Mumford & Sons
09. 3:19 JUMPS ON A HILL / Just A Ride – Jem
10. 3:42 SEATED & STANDING FLAT / Rock It – Ben DJ
11. 3:59 JUMPS ON A HILL (or SEATED & STANDING HILL) / Jump – Madonna
12. 3:40 SPRINTS (4X 10,20,20,30s) / Spin – Taking Sunday Back
13. 4:05 COOL DOWN & STRETCH / Enjoy The Ride – Morcheeba
How to raise $100K for melanoma cancer research…
One thought on “Enjoy The Ride (Gran Fondo ’13) 090”
They have a gran fondo in NYC and I considered doing it, but it’s 100 miles (I think) and I was a bit put off by the 4 mile climb up bear mountain. Maybe another year 🙂